Friday, August 04, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge

Enclosed Spaces - week 1


In my head, the perfect self-portrait for this week was going to be of me sitting in front of the computer in the little booth while I took my driving theory test on Tuesday. When I thought it through though, I realised that to take my camera into the test with me would probably constitute cheating and I didn't really want to risk that.

I did pass my theory test though, which I'm very pleased and quite relieved about. I had been having a hard time with the Hazard Perception and in the end I got a higher mark for that part in the test than I ever got practising at home before it.

I took this picture on Wednesday, wasn't totally happy and thought I could improve on it but the week is nearly over and so I'm going to go ahead and post it. Storage space is at a premium in our flat, so our hall cupboard is pretty full (although much less full and much more tidy since Steven cleared it out recently). It's a weird triangular shape because it follows the shape of the tenement stair and it has a cool wee mechanism where the light comes on when you open the door and goes off when you close it again. Our hall cupboard are, among other things: a stepladder, hoover, mop and bucket, painting equipment, shoe polish, walking boots, a tent and lots of screws and allan keys in little plastic boxes (all labelled - Steven is almost as anal as I am about some things). Hardly any of which you can actually see in this photo however, because I couldn't get far enough in there without unpacking the whole thing!


More self portraits here and here.

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Great job!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Well Done!

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous wondermom said...

To say nothing of the peg basket and a most cool shopping bag. Would there be room for a shopping trolley do you think? It's a lack that needs to be addressed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home