Sunday, July 23, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge

Self Portrait As ... - week 3

Self Portrait as ... a struggling knitter.

I'm trying to learn to knit. I got a few books out of the library this week and bought some wool and some needles. That was the easy part. The actual knitting part? - not so good. I can make a slip knot and at one point I thought I'd managed to cast on but then I got confused and unraveled it all again. So yeah, I'm struggling a bit. I am determined to learn though, so I'm going to keep trying. Any advice gratefully recieved!

I'm also quite cross with myself for repeatedly posting my self-portraits so late in the week. I'm going to try really hard for Tuesdays from now on, I promise!


More self portraits here and here.

5 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous wondermom said...

Come home for a day and I'll teach you. It's not that hard, honest!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Magpie K said...

I wish I could, but I can't afford it! Hopefully I'll have cracked it by the time you come down but if not, you'll have to take me in hand then.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Zoe said...

Hey Katharine
I didn't realise you were in Edinburgh...I am too! You posted on my blog about the running SPC pic. I keep trying knitting and I persevered with it and think I'm now getting the hang of it. I haven't knitted anything in particular yet...just lots of bits of knitting! I've got a little tutorial I got from a knitting magazine and followed that for casting on etc and all the different stitches. I'll dig it out and try and get it up on my blog for you. Cheers, Zoe. PS. well done on graduating too!!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous blair said...

Go for it Katharine. Its tricky to teach yourself, but so rewarding, and you'll probably remember it so much better too.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger doow said...

Keep trying! Once you've got it, it's like riding a bike - you won't forget how to do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home