Thursday, June 22, 2006

Magpie Tendencies MA Hons

I did it! I graduated from Edinburgh University yesterday with a 2.1 in Scottish Ethnology and Scottish Literature.

The graduation ceremony at Edinburgh involves being bopped on the head with a hat made from John Knox's britches (i know, how weird) but I can only vaguely remember that bit, I was so busy concentrating on not tripping up in front of hundreds of people. Mum and Steven were there doing the proud parent/boyfriend bit and there was a little reception for us at the School of Scottish Studies afterwards (it's a very small department and there were only six of us graduating this year, so it was really nice to celebrate with everyone). Then last night we went out for dinner, with champagne and everything!

When I first came to Edinburgh, graduation seemed like a lifetime away. Four years seemed so long and so difficult and now here I am, a graduate. I can hardly believe it. The rest of my life, here I come!

2 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous wondermom said...

A proud parent writes - Didn't she do well?!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Kim Carney said...

Congratulations! that is a wonderful achievement!

as a parent of a 14 year old, just wanting him to make it through high school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home