Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

All of me - week 3

I'm not sure whether it's obvious in real, everyday life but I can see very clearly in most photos of myself that one of my eyes is narrower than the other.

I was born with a squint in my right eye. When I was 4 I had an operation to correct it, and I've worn glasses - and more recently, contact lenses - ever since. I've been told that if I look very far to the left, you can see a scar in the corner of my eyeball.

Now, my right eye is slightly lazier than my left. This is more noticeable in photos - especially when I'm smiling; or when I'm tired - when I do still squint a little.

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Steven said...

Unfortunately it looks worse in photos than it does in reality. Don't let it bother you. I don't normally see it!

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous wondermom said...

and I've never knowingly noticed it at all and I've known you for years!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous shalaboom said...

could it just be that you are inbred?! answers on a postcard please!x

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Steven said...

Thanks for that Hannah! (see above post 'Warning !!!' )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home