Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Anniversary Steven

On Friday, you and I had been together for four years. I feel a bit odd calling this an anniversary when we’re not actually married, but I don’t know how else to put it.

I love you Steven. Sometimes I can’t quite believe that I’m lucky enough to have you. Meeting in Tanzania when we did almost seemed more than chance, although I’m not sure I believe in that kind of thing. When we met we were just kids really, starting to define ourselves away from home and our families. You always made me feel that I could be myself, and because of you I have become a lot happier with the person that I am.

In the past four years we’ve learned so much about each other and I’m aware there’s still more to learn. We’ve made each other laugh and cry; we’ve learned that arguments are a part of relationships and how to resolve them together. You understand me and support me: being with you makes me feel safe and happy.

It’s been four years of mostly long-distance relationship. Some people doubted we’d manage it and I’m proud of us for getting this far. In a few months we’ll graduate and I’m looking forward to starting the next stage of our lives together.

Happy fifth year babe. This is getting serious.

3 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Steven said...

This is getting serious. And there was a time when that frightened me. But more and more, it reassures me.

It's a bit of a wierd platform on which to say these things, and I'm sure you'd never forgive me if I were to propose on Blogger. I won't.

But I do love you Katharine. We've been through a lot. But not nearly as much as we will do.

Life is an ocean and love is a boat.
In troubled waters, it keeps us afloat.
When we started the voyage there was just me and you...
Now we can get to work on finishing that song eh?!

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous wondermom said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! give me time to go back to Venice for the hat!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Dutch said...

what a wonderful, exciting time for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home