Saturday, January 07, 2006

Un-Min

I wasn't really happy with yesterday's post, I was tired and I couldn't think of anything particularly interesting to say. But I've just realised I forgot to include the funniest thing that happened to me yesterday.

My flight had been called through to departures in Kirkwall, and I was in the queue for security behind two little boys who were travelling by themselves. They got as far as the scanner and the woman kindly told them that they could go back through into the main airport and wait for someone from British Airways to come and take them to the plane. So far, so normal. Then it was my turn. I handed her my jacket and started to hand over my bags and she said, 'Oh, are you travelling by yourself too?'

Well, it was nice of her to be concerned, but I've just checked this out, and 'unnacompanied minors' are generally between the ages of 5 and 11!

I didn't really want to embarrass her by telling her I'm 22, so I just smiled and said yes. I know I'm small, but do I really look that young? The funny thing is, I hardly ever get IDed for buying drink or seeing films. How wierd.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous wondermom said...

Pssst! For "wierd" read "weird". A pedant writes :)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Magpie K said...

Aaargh, whatever happened to 'i before e, EXCEPT AFTER C'?! :P

Mum, I think you're the only one reading my blog. I'll have to be more interesting! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home