Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

In my explorings of other blogs before I got up the guts to start my own, I found Self Portrait Tuesday. I like the idea of this, so I think I'll give it a go. Photos of me generally don't come out very well (this has been commented on!) but maybe if I practise, I'll work out any secrets there are to it. The monthly themes should give me a bit of creative structure too.

January's theme is Personal History. I haven't had a chance to come up with anything inspired, but I've found one of my favourite photos from when I was little. This is me, Hannah and Alexander aged roughly 5, 3 and 1, at an old go-cart track we used to ride our bikes on. It doesn't exist any more, someone built a hotel over it. My first proper bike did well though - we all learned to ride on it and as far as I know it was still going strong a couple of years ago!


5 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Caroline said...

I've just started SPT too... I've been blogging since September and only just got the courage to show photos of myself... I'm impressed that you are going for it straight away!!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Magpie K said...

Not that brave though really - you'll notice that it's not a very recent picture! Thanks for your support, you're my first 'strange' commenter, if you see what I mean. x

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I'm honoured!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Greetings from another magpie blogger. Love your photo and looking foward to seeing more from you in the future.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous alex said...

I just love this photo perhaps because it reminds me of myself and my sisters I would have been the baby but the girl in the red sweater feel like me.
welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home