Monday, January 09, 2006

Good start

It's the first day of a new semester. This semester I only have one class a week, a class which happens to be at 9am on a Monday morning. And today I am ill - I have a sore throat and not much voice. Lovely. I think I'll stay home tomorrow with my hot water bottle and some Lemsips and read Jane Eyre (for my literature course) and/or work on my dissertation. Hopefully I'll be better by Wednesday, because Steven's coming over, and I want to be able to go to CHV.

In the meantime, for something to look at, here is a picture from the holidays of Bella looking picturesque under the Christmas tree at home.

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I hope you feel better soon - what kind of course are you on with only one class?

I did Maths at Warwick in the late 70's and had loads of classes, 9 o'clocks all week long..., but I made the mistake of living with englist lit and language students who never had 9 o'clocks...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Magpie K said...

I'm doing joint honours in Scottish Ethnology and Scottish Literature - this is my final year. Of the four classes I picked for this year, three were in the first semester because the lecturer for two of them was going on sabbatical after Christmas. So now I have one literature class left to do, although I also have a dissertation due in just under 12 weeks, so I'll still be busy!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Ah dissertations can take a lot of work - I hope you enjoy yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home