Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cake!

Steven and I have just come back from a party. I made a cake today to take with us, a chocolate Malteser cake. Mmmm! I think I actually like the baking more than the eating though - is that weird? The only thing I don't like about baking cakes is lining cake tins. I'm too much of a perfectionist for that. Anyway, here is the finished result:



Steven goes back to Belfast tomorrow, very early in the morning. And I'm flying home tomorrow afternoon to spend the week doing research for my dissertation. Time for bed now, methinks, or we'll never manage to get up. In fact, Steven's fallen asleep on the sofa, I'll take that as a hint. Good night everybody!

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Steven said...

This cake was wolfed down so fast! Of course, I only had three slices... or was it four?

I'm working on a taste version of smella-vision for the internet so all you bloggers can experience this wonderful delight! Watch this space :)

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Chip said...

I think it is time for me to start my own blog. I have been doing a lot of research on how people on using and setting up blogs in blogger. I really enjoyed looking at your work.

Thanks again,
kids playing with glow sticks

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Magpie K said...

Hi chip. I'm glad you like it! It's nice to get comments from people other than family.

Blogger's pretty easy to use - you should give it a go. The hardest thing for me was thinking of a name and deciding on my colour scheme and header - but then I am horribly indecisive!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger doow said...

You should get yourself a bottle of Cake Release from Lakeland Plastics. It's magic stuff, nothing will ever stick to a tin ever again and you don't have to bother with lining!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Magpie K said...

Oooh, thanks! I might just do that - that stuff looks fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home